1:45 PM Saturday Room: 8338See how to build your first Windows 8 app. We will use what I learned when creating the app: .NET Gurus Can Cook, which contains recipes from famous folks in the software industry such as Scott Hanselman and Mary Jo Foley. Join ComponentOne Developer Evangelist and former Microsoft Developer Evangelist, Russ Fustino in this session and learn the new programming paradigm for creating Windows 8 style apps. You will see how to build an application that incorporates many of the key characteristics of a great Windows 8 Modern UI style app, including:
• A Modern UI user experience that leverages the signature Windows 8 controls such as GridView, ListView, FlipView, AppBar, Semantic Zoom and other Windows 8 controls.
• A user experience that scales across large and small displays and provides proper handling of snapping and different orientations
• Integration with Windows 8 charms through the settings, search, and share contracts
• Handling of lifecycle and application-model events to properly save and restore state and roam settings so the users can seamless transition across tasks and even devices
• Secondary tile pinning, notifications and badges to keep your application’s content alive ever-present to the end-user